A Social Media Free World in Germany???




https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/03/06/germans-stand-out-for-their-comparatively-light-use-of-social-media/

This article discusses how, although internet is highly accessible in Germany, only about half of its users use social media. In the article, there is no concrete reason as to why that is, but I do find it really interesting. It is mentioned that one factor can be that Germany has an older population, however that is not confirmed 100%. A couple redditors mentioned that the reason for this is allegedly that Germans, take data privacy concerns very seriously.

This is something that I am extremely curious about and plan to research on my own. It is refreshing to see that a developed country does have a low social media usage rate, and it makes me wonder how and if that is represented in the way people live their lives there. Are they more engaged, more present? More conversation? Who knows. Maybe I should take a trip to Germany and find out!

Comments

  1. Hi! I also discussed the lack of social media use in Germany on my blog. Feel free to check it out. In my own search, I didn't find much information either. I did read that Germany values privacy and security with technology, so a lot of people are uncomfortable using social media.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts