Global Social Media
This week's discussions about international social media really made me think. There's been a couple times when I've come across tik tok videos from China or an instagram reel from someone in Brazil and it's embarrassing to admit, that at those times I'm caught off-guard until I then remember that social media is global. And that there is a whole other world out there besides what I see online, in the US. It's interesting to think that the type of content that may be popular here, he may not be popular in other countries, and vise versa. I also wonder if other countries have social media influencers like the US does as well. I know these are random thoughts, but it's interesting.
When it comes to education, I do think it's important to have perspective and to be able to communicate and share information internationally. I just wonder what the most effective way to do that is.
Comments
Post a Comment